Steve Zapytowski, MMR 612
Division 1, MCR, NMRA
These failed because I could not separate them from their brass tube cores.
Wrapping masking tape sticky side out allowed the coil to separate from the core.
From many years ago I remembered rope coils bound by loops of small rope.
This photo shows rope coils bound in exactly that manner. Gary Kohler sent me this photo.
I took this photo when I visited the site.
This is what the same end of my model looks like today.
I've been using a craft cutter since the very beginning of this project.
I found the craft cutter does a good job cutting out hundreds of rafter parts from sheet stock.
A tea strainer is a good way to pre-stain those hundreds of rafter parts.
I built an assembly jig for each bit of framing in the building. Here is one of the rafter styles in process.
I used my craft cutter to scribe framing layouts onto 0.040" and 0.060" polystyrene sheets upon which I laid up my assembly jigs.
An ingesting feature here us the diagonal braces were added to the rafter assemblies and are not part of the building frame. They were sanded to a snug fit.
Seen here are numerous premeasured coils of standing and running rigging stored temporarily before being hauled tot he shipyard.
Here is my version of the same products being formed around a piece of brass tube. The masking tape is wrapped sticky side out around the tube.
After gluing up the coils slide off the end of the tube with little trouble.
This simple 3D printed part drastically improve the sound output from this 40mm speaker.
The Hackle at bottom of photo, was used to straighten hemp fiber. Right and center right are two bundles of hemp fiber hanging.
The base of the hackle was a 3D print while the tines came from an old tooth brush.
Here I'm experimenting with posing strands of hemp to hang in the spinning loft. I found that watered down white glue worked the best.
I needed to make a cradle to hold the spinning loft floor upside-down. Note the addition of LEDs and lampshades on the underside of the floor.